The Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) has released the notification for the Haryana Civil Services (HCS) Examination 2023. The HCS Ex-Br examination is one of the most prestigious examinations in the state and is highly competitive. The commission released HSC notification 2023 for recruiting 95 Class A officers. In this article, we will discuss important details about the examination.
|Recruitment Organization||Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC)|
|Post Name||Haryana Civil Services (HCS) Ex-Br|
- Notification Release: 9 Feb 2023
- Online Application Start: 16 Feb 2023
- Last Date to Apply: 17 Mar 2023
- Prelims Exam Date: May 2023
- Male (General/ Other State): ₹ 1000/-
- Male/ Female (Others): ₹ 250/-
- PH/(Haryana): ₹ 0/-
- Payment Mode: Online
The notification for the Haryana HCS Examination 2023 was released on the official website of HPSC on February 9, 2023. The online registration process for the examination will commence on March 16, 2023, and the last date to submit the online application form is March 17, 2023. The preliminary examination for the Haryana HCS 2023 is tentatively scheduled to be conducted in May 2023.
|Sr. No.||Name of the post||Gen / UR||SC. of Hry||BC (A) of Hry||BC (B) of Hry||EWS of Hry||Total||ESM of Hry||PwD of Hry|
|1.||HCS (Ex. Br.)||07||02||–||–||01||10||Gen. – 01||—|
|2.||DSP||03||02||–||–||01||06||SC – 01||—|
|5.||‘A’ Class Tehsildar||01||–||02||01||–||04||BCA – 01||—|
|6.||ARCS||–||–||01||–||–||02||—||01-Blind or Low Vision|
|7.||AETO||10||02||01||–||–||13||Gen. – 01||—|
|12.||‘A’ Class Naib Tehsildar||15||07||04||03||04||35||Gen. – 01 SC – 01||02 posts reserved for PwD belong to the category of Locomotor Disability, including cerebral palsy, leprosy-cured dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy.|
Eligibility criteria for the Haryana HCS Examination 2023
The eligibility criteria for the Haryana HCS Examination 2023 are as follows:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Age Limit: The minimum age limit to apply for the Haryana HCS Examination 2023 is 21 years, and the maximum age limit is 42 years. Age relaxation is provided to the reserved category candidates as per government norms.
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- Domicile: Candidates must be domiciled in Haryana.
The Haryana HCS Examination 2023 comprises three stages, and the examination pattern for each stage is as follows:
The preliminary examination is an objective test consisting of two papers, i.e., General Studies Paper-I and General Studies Paper-II.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|General Studies||100||100||2 hours|
|General Aptitude||100||100||2 hours|
Candidates who qualify the Prelims Exam will be called for the mains written examination.
HPSC HCS Mains Exam Pattern
The mains exam will be in pen and paper mode where you have to write a detailed answer to the questions. There will be four papers in the mains exam according to the new pattern.
|Paper||Subjects||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|I||English (including English Essay)||100||03 Hours|
|II||Hindi (including Hindi Essay) in Devanagari script||100||03 Hours|
|III||General Studies||200||03 Hours|
|IV||Optional Subject.||200||03 Hours|
Interview: Candidates who qualify in the main examination are called for the interview round. The interview is conducted to test the candidate’s personality, aptitude, and knowledge.
How to apply for Haryana HCS Examination 2023?
Candidates can apply for the Haryana HCS Examination 2023 through the official website of HPSC hpsc.gov.in.
To apply for the Haryana HCS Examination 2023, candidates can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) official website at www.hpsc.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘Advertisements’ tab on the homepage.
- Look for the notification for Haryana HCS Examination 2023 and click on it.
- Read the notification carefully and ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link for Advt No. 11 of 2023 – HCS (Ex. Br.).
- Fill in the application form with all the required details such as personal details, educational qualifications, etc.
- You have to upload educational qualification documents in pdf format.
- Upload the scanned copies of your photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned in the notification.
- Pay the application fee through online mode.
- Submit the application form.
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Official Notification PDF
The Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) has released the official notification for the Haryana Civil Services (HCS) Examination 2023. The notification is available in the form of a PDF document on the official website of HPSC or a direct link provided below.
Haryana HCS Notification – Advt No. 11 of 2023 – HCS (Ex. Br.)
It is important to note that the application fee for the Haryana HCS Examination 2023 varies for different categories. Candidates are advised to check the notification for the fee details. Also, candidates should ensure that they fill in the application form correctly and completely as any incomplete or incorrect information may lead to rejection of the application.
You can apply online for the HCS exam from February 16, 2023, to March 17, 2023.
The Haryana HCS Examination is a golden opportunity for aspirants who want to serve the state and its people. The examination provides a chance to work in various civil services positions and contribute to the development of the state. Interested candidates should start preparing as soon as possible to crack the examination with flying colours.